Courses >> Project / Trainings
- Clinical Trial Operations
- Clinical Data Management
- Site Management
Limited Seats are available in Project-Training.
Aims & Objectives
The area of the project work has been initiated by ICBio with the following aims and objectives:
- Large size of biological data sets analysis would generate innovative information related to inherent complexity of biological problems.
- To understand the algorithms of mathematical tools on which the analysis of biological data is based.
- To provide an environment for building Bioinformatics capabilities.
- To develop the meaning and the structure of the biological information available in the Biological databases and the analysis of the hidden insight Biological solutions.
- To understand the Bioinformatics tools and the software employed for the analysis of the data.
- To develop the strategies for integrating Bioinformatics tools together and to extract information from biological data needed for the specific research problem (data mining)
Project Duration Time-Frame: Two Months / Six Months
The duration of the Project work will vary from 2 to 6 months as per the student's requirements. The fee structure would be charged on the basis of duration of the project work.
Identification of the Topic & Scope
In the first instance the aims and objectives of the topic chosen would be defined. The related information would be collected from the available literature and internet sources
Preparation and Submission of Project Report
The Project work aims to identify and share the role of the course in the present technological era. It would promote original ability, creativity and effectiveness of the course in the industry, research etc. The project would further enhance the knowledge and applicability of the subject.
1. Spiral bound project report (50-100 pages)
2. Report will be written in the following Headings
- Objective of study
- Review of Literature
- Results & Discussions
- Future prospects
- References cited
Students have to give a presentation and seminar on the topic of their research project.
Student Project Work Letter
The Institute would issue a completed project work letter which would specify the techniques and the tools learnt during the tenure of the training. The letter would highlight details of work taken up by the individual after the submission of project report.
- Candidate would be provided guidance by the competent and experienced faculty. The project work would be under the project guide along with the other faculty members.
- Lectures would be arranged for the training candidates to get them well versed and updated with the new developments in the industry.
- From time to time guidance and assistance would be provided by the well qualified faculty.
- Good research work could be considered for the publication in our journal.
- Computer Lab
- ICBio has a large computer lab.
- The computers are uploaded with the software, different operating systems and internet facilities.
- Computer lab has separate faculty to provide from time to time guidance to the students.
- The project work students would be endowed with all these facilities to carry out their research study.
- Library contains printed items, including books of biological related subjects, software related books, documents, newspapers, magazines, archives of projects completed and much more.
How To Join
Candidates have to submit an application specifying the duration and specific time to the project work.
Past Academic Record and Interview:
Short listing of candidates would be done on the basis of their merit and academic qualification. Final selection for the project work would be based on the performance in the interview and academic record in totality.
Working Hours: Monday -- Friday Time: 10A.M. to 6. 00PM
Submission of Application
Application form and prospectus can be downloaded free from the website at www.ICBio.org and fill the application form and send it along with a draft of Rs. 200/- to the Institute. Working Hours: Monday -- Friday Time: 10A.M. to 6. 00PM
Interview & Intimation
The students would be intimated for the interview after receiving your application through e-mail, by post or telephone.
After the selection the candidates have to fill the application form and submit it along with the application fee and testimonials.
Submission of Fee
The candidate has to submit a demand draft of the project fees drawn in favor of "ICBio, Bangalore", along with the application form.
The charges shall include all the infrastructural facilities to be provided by the institute during the training i.e. Computers, Internet, Consumables, etc.